City Recycling and Collection Events
New this year – Styrofoam materials and medicines will be collected at the City of Redmond’s three recycling and collection events. The spring event is scheduled for Saturday, April 9th.
You can bring unused, unwanted and expired medications. Individuals are encouraged to remove or cross out identifying information from containers.
The medicines mencioned below EXCEPT PRESCRIPTION NARCOTIC DRUGS can also be dropped off for free at Group Health Medical Center Pharmacy in Redmond, at 15809 Bear Creek Parkway, Suite 100, from 8 am to 6 pm Monday to Friday and 9 am to 1 pm on Saturday. Please call 425-882-6150 with questions.
and Meat Trays
Only the following types will be collected as long as they are clean and dry. No separation by color is necessary.
- Packing peanuts: all colors collected in clear plastic bags only
- Meat trays: all colors collected in clear plastics bags only
- Styrofoam packing blocks: all colors collected in either loose or in clear plastics bags, removing all tapes
Urethane foam cushions, expanded polypropylene or foam insulation are not accepted.
- Prescription narcotic drugs (Vicodin, OxyCotin, etc)
- Prescription medicine
- Over-the-counter medicine
- Medicine samples
- Pet medicines
- Medicated ointments/lotions
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Needles or other sharps
- Medical waste
- Bloody or infectious waste
- Mercury thermometers
- Aerosol cans
- Empty containers
- Personal care products
- Intra-venous solutions