9:30 am to 4:00 pm
(No vehicles admitted after 4:00 pm)
18120 NE 76th St. (City of Redmond Maintenance Operation Center)
* Dates & stations are subject to change.
425-556-2811 or firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Paper Shredding Station will be at this event.
2. Food and/or cash donations are needed to support our local community. Please bring two or more cans of nonperishable food items, or consider making a cash donation to support those in need in our city during these hard economic times. (See details under Station 1-Food/Cash Donation)
3. All electronic units (except the "big three" - TV sets, computers and monitors ) will be accepted at this event. Disposal options for the "big three" are listed here: Electronics
4. The Wastemobile is scheduled to be in Redmond during the Fall Event - October 1-3, in the Home Depot parking lot. No household hazardous waste, materials, or items on the inadmissible list will be accepted at the recycling and collection event. Disposal options: Haz-Mat or Inadmissible Items & Restrictions.
5. Loading and Driving. A current law requires drivers to secure their loads when using public streets. When coming to the event, any participants not complying with the law can be fined. All participants must strictly follow the event route. Please be patient and flexible. Don't block the driveways/exits of businesses on NE 76th Street while waiting in line. The drop-off stations are set up in numbered order as listed by each material. To quickly and easily unload at each station, please pack your items for the stations in DESCENDING ORDER - last item placed in your vehicle will be the first item out! Tip: The higher the station number for a material, the earlier that material should be loaded into your vehicle.
6. ABSOLUTELY no commercial loads are allowed. This event is for households only. No commercial customers are allowed. The event is designed to help residents reuse or recycle materials that are currently not included in our curbside recycling programs. It's all FREE except for a few materials. The links at the top of this page will help you verify what you can bring, what is restricted, and other important details of the Recycle Event.
7. Compliance and Enforcement Rule. Vehicles not in compliance with any of the event requirements and restrictions will be denied entry. Vehicles may return only after the inadmissible items have been removed.
Questions or Comments
Please email your questions, comments, or general feedback regarding the recycling and collection events to email@example.com and please type 'Recycle Event' in the subject line. Thanks!
Services at the event provided by City of Redmond Public Works Department, A-Plus Recycle & Removal. Frontline Shredding, Hopelink, Interstate Batteries, L & S Tire Recovery, Pacific Natives and Ornamentals, PCR, Redmond Rotary Club, Seattle Goodwill, and Waste Management/Sno-King Disposal.
Funding of the event provided by City of Redmond Recycling Program, King County Solid Waste Division, Local Hazardous Waste Management Program in King County and the Washington State Department of Ecology.
are open to Everyone!
No pass or proof of Redmond city-limit residency is required to drop off materials at these Stations. Event rules and regulations will apply to all event participants.
PRINT FRIENDLY LIST
Hopelink will collect nonperishable food for those in need in our community. Possible foods: canned tuna fish, pasta, canned fruit, peanut butter, macaroni and cheese, cereal, baby food, canned or jarred tomato products, and nonperishable juice. A cash donation, however, makes the biggest impact. Please write your donation check payable to Hopelink. Thanks!
Open between 10:30am to 2:30pm only. Note: For sensitive materials only. Come directly to this station if that's all you have for the event. Please visit any other stations first and then come back to this station at the end. Free shredding up to 5 boxes (13" wide by 13" in depth by 18" in height) or 5 standard grocery bags for each household. $5 for each additional. Cash or checks payable to "Frontline Shredding"; no hanging folders, ring- or spiral-binders. Staples, clips and fasteners can stay on. Please take home your boxes/containers when done. Thanks!
Light truck, car and motorcycle tires. Bias, steel belted and studded tires are okay. Free for first 6 off-rim tires; $1.50 for each additional and $2.00 for every on-rim tire. Pay at the drop-off with checks ONLY payable to: 'City of Redmond'
Redmond Rotary Club will accept all reusable or repairable kid and youth bikes, tricycles, scooters, and working skateboards. Reusable adult bikes will be accepted at Station 6 - 'Household Goods'. (Adult bikes in need of repair will be accepted at Station 11 - 'Appliances / Scrap Metals'.)
Black rigid and round plastic containers only. Unbroken without cracks. Accepting only: 1 gallon (6.5 inches in diameter & 7 inches in height); 2 gallon (8.5 inches in diameter & 8.5 inches in height); and, 5 gallon (11 inches in diameter & 12 inches in height). Please rinse them clean.
Clothing, textiles including rags, books, furniture, etc. Adult bikes in good shape, requiring no repair. Furniture items must be reusable as is. Tax receipts available. Mattresses or any items that need repair will be accepted as Bulky Garbage at Station 12.
Lead acid batteries: car, truck, marine and motorcycle. All household batteries (both regular and rechargeable). Please sort according to types and sizes..
CELL PHONES & PAGERS
ALL laser/ink cartridges used in printers or fax machines. The vendor will pay $1.00 each for most VIRGIN cartridges and for most working cell phones. Previously recharged cartridges will not be bought back but will be accepted for recycling free of charge. If you have a large amount of any of these items, call PCR at 1-800-654-6072.
& AIR CONDITIONERS
Household units ONLY. $25.00 for each unit. The fee is for the safe removal and disposal of chlorofluorocarbons (CFC coolants) from those units. CASH ONLY accepted at the drop-off.
Anything electronically wired or battery-operated (including flashlights) EXCEPT TVs, monitors and computers (the "Big Three") which will be collected for free at Mitronics or curbside (see Electronics).
Any metal, auto parts, metal lawn furniture, mowers (drain all fluids), BBQ stoves, appliances (stoves, microwaves, dishwashers, washers/dryers, hot water tanks), metal-framed doors/windows, screen doors, exercise/gas powered equipment. No butane, propane, freon, or helium tanks or cans that contain chemicals. Disposal options: Haz-Mat