Throughout the past two years, the Viewpoint Citizen Advisory Committee (CAC), ten residents of the Viewpoint neighborhood, considered how the neighborhood could evolve over the next twenty years. They thought about all aspects of the neighborhood and how they affect neighborhood residents; Lake Sammamish, motorists, pedestrians, school children and more. As they near the work of forming recommendations that will comprise the Viewpoint Neighborhood Plan, they want to hear from you.
A neighborhood plan consists of policies and regulations built from the neighborhood’s ideas, issues and needs. The Viewpoint CAC raised many points for the neighborhood to consider. All of these points will be available for feedback at the fall open house and include:
- Place for the neighborhood to meet
- Design for 180th Ave NE that includes vegetation, walkways and planted medians
- Housing that allows residents to age in place and housing that is family friendly
- Sustainable and green development techniques
- Formalized trails that meet the City’s standards and provide non-motorized connections throughout the neighborhood